Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 13:22 IST
Lucknow [Uttar Pradesh], January 13 (ANI): The police have arrested two persons for throwing potatoes outside Uttar Pradesh state Assembly.
Lucknow's Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Deepak Kumar has said, investigation shows that the potatoes were not thrown by farmers, but by people with political motives.
The police have claimed that the arrested persons had contested elections for Samajwadi Party in Nagar Panchayat polls and dismissed the role of Kisan Unions in it.
After their plea to get a fair price for potatoes went unheard by the Uttar Pradesh government, the farmers had last week dumped their produce outside the state assembly building in protest.
With the price crashing to Rs 4 per kg, the farmers are demanding a minimum of Rs 10 per kg.
Notably, after coming to power in the state, the Yogi Adityanath government had decided to fix a minimum support price for potato at Rs 487 per quintal in a bid to encourage the potato growers. (ANI)
- あなたの人生 is trending at 10 in Japan
- #おむすびの日 is trending at 9 in Japan
- #KOP2018 is trending at 8 in Japan
- #あなたの投資家プロフィール is trending at 7 in Japan
- 岸くん is trending at 4 in Japan
- #あなたが最強になれる武器 is trending at 3 in Japan
- #あなたのポンコツ度 is trending at 2 in Japan
- キンプリ is trending at 1 in Japan
- Shapovalov is trending at 10 in world
- Tyler Hilinski is trending at 9 in world
- ポンコツ度 is trending at 8 in world
- キンプリ is trending at 7 in world
- New California is trending at 6 in world
- #ممكن_اقولك is trending at 5 in world
- #IndiaIsraelDosti is trending at 4 in world
- #BTS12M is trending at 2 in world
- #حاول_تكون is trending at 1 in world
- Jana Fett is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 20,000 is trending at 9 in India
- North Doklam is trending at 8 in India