MOSCOW, July 16. /TASS/. The UEFA European Women's Championship starts on Sunday in the Netherlands. The Russian team will be represented at the championship for the fifth time, earlier the team could not leave the group stage.
The Russian team will perform in Group B in the upcoming championship, where the teams of Germany, Sweden and Italy will be its rivals. The German team is the favorite of the tournament, the Germans won six previous European championships. At the same time, the Swedish team won three world championships medals, and at the last European Championships reached the semi-finals.
The Russian team will face off with the Italian team on July 17 (at 19:00 MSK) in Rotterdam. On July 21 the Russian team will play against the team from Sweden (19:00 MSK) in Deventer, and on July 25 - against the German team in Utrecht (19:00 MSK).
The group stage matches will be held until July 27. The quarter finals will be held on July 29-30, the semi-finals - on August 3, the final match is scheduled for August 6 in Enschede. Seven cities in the Netherlands will host the Championship. In addition to Rotterdam, Deventer, Utrecht and Enschede, this includes Breda, Tilburg and Doetinchem, the arenas accommodate from 10,000 to 30,000 people.
- Big names set stage for knockout drama
- England hungry to continue Young Lions success
- Smoothing the path to the future
- Behind the World Cup record: Roger Milla
- Bearzot’s Blues of ’82 in numbers
- Ciman: It was my turn to make a sacrifice
- Perez committed to the Paraguay cause
- Colombia’s brave new world hailed a success
- Students graduate from the 17th edition of the FIFA Master
- Favourites prevail as last-four takes shape
- Top 10 Gospels You Won’t Find In The Bible
- 10 Badass Women Who Fought Home Invaders And Won
- 10 Famous People Who Have Hated The Fame
- Trump's son, close associates to appear before US Senate
- US top court rejects Trump bid to include grandparents in travel ban
- Number of terrorist attacks globally dropped in 2016 - US government
- India's economy set to reclaim top spot for growth this year: Reuters poll
- 65-storey hotel in Toronto dumps Trump’s name
- Bangladeshi jailed for 11 years for raping tourist in Singapore
- Police arrest five in connection with ‘serial rapes and murders’