The accident took place around 9:30am on Saturday when the sand-laden truck hit the Comilla-bound Demu train at an unauthorised level-crossing, said Shafiqur Rahman, the station master of Comilla Railway Station.
Following the collision, the wheels of the train veered off the rail track, said the station master.
A Dhaka-bound train, 'Subarna Express', got stranded at Comilla Rail Station following the derailment.
A relief train from Akhaura was on its way to the spot to salvage the Demu train, he added.
- Newgen Software IPO progresses slowly, subscribed 5%
- Sisters steal baby boy to stop father from remarrying
- Quality Health is trending at 10 in India
- iVOOMi i1 Sale is trending at 9 in India
- #PravinTogadia is trending at 8 in India
- Colin de Grandhomme is trending at 7 in India
- ICC Code of Conduct is trending at 6 in India
- #BreatheTrailer is trending at 5 in India
- #tphoneP is trending at 4 in India
- #PatanjaliOnline is trending at 3 in India
- #HappyBirthdaySidharthMalhotra is trending at 2 in India
- Barmer is trending at 1 in India
- Extremely rare 'firework' jelly fish spotted near Mexico
- Beautiful snow sculptures from around the world
- World's fifth largest diamond discovered in Lesotho
- Museums of unusual things around the world
- Chinese 'rainbow dinosaur' had iridescent feathers
- These are the most talented dogs on the internet
- Enjoying the high life, up on the roof in Tel Aviv
- Le smartphone? France has another term in mind