Madhuri Dixit's first look from debut Marathi film

Authors: Ecroaker. com Boosters.

Actress Madhuri Dixit is all set for her debut Marathi film Bucket List. Her first look from the film, which was revealed on Sunday evening, has gained one of the top spots on today's trending list. The poster features Madhuri in a traditional green sari, a round red bindi and a mangalsutra. And here is the first look of my first Marathi film Bucket List," she wrote, adding the hashtag "Sankranti Surprise. It is a story of every household yet, it has a silver lining. It not only gives you hope and inspiration but also encourages you to live life in the true sense. The most fascinating factor for me to choose it is that it is going to carve a niche in everyone's heart," Madhuri, 50, earlier said.

Here's Madhuri's first look from Bucket List.

Bucket List is Madhuri Dixit's first Marathi project, despite having spent over 30 years in the industry. Marathi cinema is evolving so beautifully and seeing such incredible stories being told makes me beam with pride. I have received a number of scripts over the years, since doing a Marathi film was always something I was open to. But the scripts didn't excite me as this one did. When I read this script, it stood out and with the amazing team behind it, I knew that this is what I wanted to be a part of," she said.

Bucket List is directed by Tejas Prabha Vijay Deoskar and is slated for a summer 2018 release.

Meanwhile, Madhuri Dixit is prepping for Total Dhamaal, which went on floors last week.

Read more...

Cavaliers' slump continues as Warriors ease through NBA Finals rematch

  • Published in Sports
Kevin Love and Stephen Curry battle for the ball
  • Golden State Warriors 118-108 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • LeBron James’s team have now dropped eight of last 10 games
  • Warriors haven’t lost away from home since 22 November

Kevin Durant scored 32 points, Stephen Curry added 23 and the Golden State Warriors extended their road winning streak to 13 games with a 118-108 Martin Luther King holiday victory on

Read more...

Devotees seek divine blessings for Muslim Ummah

Devotees seek divine blessings for Muslim Ummah

The Imam of Kakrail Mosque Hafez Mohammad Zobayer conducted the munajat in Bangla, which began at 10:48am and continued for 28 minutes, our Gazipur correspondent reports quoting Giash Uddin, one of the organisers of the Ijtema.

Earlier in the morning, Mawlana Abdul Matin delivered a sermon on the importance of Islam based on the Quran and Hadith.

Ignoring cold weather, several million devotees, including foreigners from different countries, attended the Akheri Munajat on the Turag banks.

Besides, ten thousands of devotes from different places including Abdullahpur, Tongi railway Station and airport railway station, took part in the Munajat.

Thousands also participated in the prayer from far and wide as it was aired live on several television channels.

Religious scholars from home and abroad yesterday delivered sermons on Islamic philosophy in the light of the holy Quran and Hadith.

Security was beefed up ahead of today's Akheri Munajat.

Noted Islamic scholar and the top leader of Tabligh Jamaat Moulana Saad Kandhalvi, who had conducted the munajat in the last two years, was supposed to lead the munajat this year too but could not attend the Ijtema.

He returned to New Delhi yesterday in the face of protests by a section of Tabligh followers as they claimed were his “controversial comments about the Koran and Sunnah” to audiences in India.

The second phase of the Ijtema will begin on January 19 and conclude on January 21 with another Akheri Munajat.

Tabligh Jamaat has been organising Biswa Ijtema, also called the World Muslims' Congregation, every year since 1946. In 2011, the organisers split the congregation into two phases to deal with overcrowding, ensure better management and security.

Read more...

Mobile operators apply for 4G licences

Mobile operators apply for 4G licences

All the telecom operators applied within the deadline that expired in the noon, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Secretary MD Sarowar Alam told The Daily Star.

Citycell which stopped providing service in October last year are preparing to re-enter the telecommunication business with this application.

All telecom operators that have 3G will qualify for 4G licences. However, since Citycell does not have 3G, they will have to purchase spectrum that will be available on February 13.

Though the BTRC has put a provision in the 4G guideline to facilitate participation of new entities to deliver the fastest data service, there was no new application.

Read more...
Subscribe to this RSS feed