Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 00:43 IST
Washington DC [USA], Jan 13 (ANI): In a major jolt to the White House, the U.S. ambassador to Panama stepped down from his post, saying he no longer felt able to serve United State President Donald Trump.
John Feeley announced his resignation in a letter to the State Department.
"As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honour bound to resign. That time has come", according to an excerpt of the letter obtained by Reuters.
However, the State Department, in a statement, said that Feeley retired for "personal reasons, as of 9 March this year".
A Panama Paper reported about Feeley's resignation before the Trump's racist remark on the immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries.
Feeley was appointed to the diplomatic post by former US President Barack Obama in July 2015. (ANI)
- #FE名シーン is trending at 10 in Japan
- D.A.N is trending at 9 in Japan
- TK引退 is trending at 8 in Japan
- KEIKO is trending at 7 in Japan
- #マックスむらいに質問 is trending at 6 in Japan
- #美樹さやか is trending at 5 in Japan
- ウサミン is trending at 4 in Japan
- #せふほで本性が分かる is trending at 3 in Japan
- 小室さん is trending at 2 in Japan
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 1 in Japan
- EURO 2024 is trending at 10 in world
- Edgar Allan Poe is trending at 9 in world
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 8 in world
- #VendrediLecture is trending at 7 in world
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 5 in world
- #ReleaseTheMemo is trending at 4 in world
- #HrantDink is trending at 2 in world
- #KarneGünü is trending at 1 in world
- Jhye Richardson is trending at 10 in India
- #BANvSL is trending at 8 in India